Monday, August 13, 2012

Lament for the Departed

It's been four days since Kip's death. The only reason why I know how long it's been is because of the clock on my computer. I barely keep track of the sunrises and the sunsets, the days and the nights. Even though now the only tapping is from the constant rain pouring down on the town, I still cannot find sleep. I do not wish for sleep, though - I wish for safety.

I sat in my house in solitude, not able to bring myself to post for awhile after Kip's death. She was my only friend, and now she's been killed. When I close my eyes I see her again, hanging from the tree. Except when I see her, she's not silently swinging in the breeze. She's saying something that I can't hear. However, though I can't lip-read, I know perfectly well what she is telling me - it's all my fault for her death.

I feel that I managed to attract the tall man's attention by going to her - or maybe it already knew, and is just tormenting with these thoughts of self-doubt.

There are tales about this thing. I'm reading the blogs. Following the tales of all these people hunted by it. I suppose normally I'd scoff at the blogs, call them works of fiction. However, now I know... no, now I hope that they're true. Or maybe I'm just insane, and this is all an illusion of my own.

I try not to indulge in thoughts like that.

Besides, how can that be when I feel its gaze everywhere?

No comments:

Post a Comment