Monday, September 3, 2012

Fog

The rain hasn't let up for days. It's nearly been weeks now, but it's still raining all the time. There's a flood warning in effect for my area, but it seems the water never gets a chance to build up before it evaporates.

Fog is beginning to roll in from the forest. It's coming in slowly, lazily. But it's there, and it will be covering the town eventually.

I have this foreboding feeling, like something terrible is going to happen. Well, terrible things already have, so I guess more wouldn't be surprising.

I haven't seen the tall man since the day I met Andrew, but I know it's out there somewhere. My dreams are haunted by visions of forests, the trees tall and bare, black shimmering bags hanging from their branches.

I don't know what to do - I never did, anyway. It all seems pointless, monotonous. I'm considering going to Andrew's house and... joining him, just to give me a life again.

1 comment:

  1. I would weep for you if I gave even 2 cents about your life.

    ReplyDelete